Bonn • Brussels • Cape Town • Colombo • Brasília • Delhi • Tübingen • Vancouver
The International Institute for Religious Freedom (IIRF) is pleased to announce the opening of a new branch in Vancouver in partnership with Trinity Western University’s (TWU) Religion in Canada Institute (RCI).
Catholic priests in Belgium and all other countries are forbidden from blessing same-sex couples and are at risk of being prosecuted for discriminating against homosexuals, as a consequence of a judgment issued yesterday by the Court of Ghent against Jehovah’s Witnesses.
A Russian-controlled court in Simferopol has placed 42-year-old Ukrainian Taras Kuzio under house arrest following mass armed searches of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ homes in occupied Yalta. The occupation regime has slightly varied the charge this time, although Kuzio is facing the same persecution as other believers for practising his faith.
Minister for public security says decision has been taken on ‘national security’ grounds; activists decry announcement.
In its latest report titled “Lutte contre les dérives sectaires” (Fight against cultic deviations), the MIVILUDES (Interministerial Mission of Vigilance and Combat against Cultic Deviances) acknowledges that in 2020 only 25% “cultic deviations” are related to religious beliefs, according to its own definition of this homemade concept which has no legal equivalent in the world. The remaining 75% concern other sectors of society.
The RCI has signed a memorandum of understanding with the International Institute for Religious Freedom (IIRF), based in Bonn, Germany. The agreement affiliates the IIRF and RCI to establish a North American branch of the IIRF, to be known as IIRF-V (for Vancouver).
Speech delivered by Chargé d’Affaires Courtney Austrian to the Permanent Council, Vienna
More than 20 female Christian prisoners have been freed in Eritrea but the forces of the country have been accused of attacking churches in a nearby Ethiopian region.
Hindu nationalists in the state legislature voted the bill on 8 March as a gift to women. For the president of the Global Council of Indian Christians, the law “promotes hatred, divisions and tensions between different communities”, and endangers vulnerable minority Christians.
Former Minister of Justice Koen Geens misinformed
Indonesien: Vier Christen in Sulawesi getötet
Hintergründe der Tat unklar / örtliche Christen stehen unter Schock
Aserbaidschan: In armenisches Gebiet vorgerückt
Kongo: Wiedereingliederung von Kindersoldaten gefordert
Viele Kinder stellen sich als Soldaten zur Verfügung
Jordanien: Hilfe für Irakerinnen
Jordanische Christen helfen
Kaukasus: Radiosender unterstützt Christen
Niger: Fünf Menschen sterben
bei dschihadisten Überfall auf ein Dorf: Auch die katholische Kirche wird geschändet